Unsplash by Gabriella Clare Marino

Hello there Kylie! I wanted to start with WOW. This blog post is by far one of the most informative and put-together pieces I have ever seen in my WordPress career! Although the word inquiry and the practice of inquiry-based learning aren’t new to me, I found after reading your blog a new appreciation of the details behind the learning approach. I enjoyed your multi-modal approach to creating your blog post. Not only did you structure your blog with a mix of videos, images, and words, your detail to the reader’s eye was seen even more so in the various word formats you used, including bullet points, paragraphs, paraphrases, and quotes! I agree heartedly that this learning approach (inquiry-based) does not quite fit in with our vision of our learning resource, however, I wonder if an inquiry emphasis could work in introducing and implementing brain breaks in the classroom? My thoughts are that perhaps students could go on a personal inquiry to find the type of brain break that works best for them? Like I said before, fantastic blog, and looking forward to more ahead!

Hey Sam! I really enjoyed the layout of your blog post this week, you included not only the definition of what cooperative learning is, but you added details of how it would look in a classroom application, the educational history behind the learning approach, and also the beneficial impacts cooperative learning gives students. As you stated, the learning approach does not directly link to our learning resource’s topic of brain breaks, and that they are, on the whole, two inherently different topics. On the contrary, I do see a relation (like you said) in the topics if a teacher were to implement brain breaks within their cooperative learning classroom structure. I wonder if you could argue that during brain break transitions, if a teacher chose to do whole-class or small-group brain breaks if that would be considered cooperative learning pedagogy? As usual, Sam, a fantastic blog post. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!