Unsplash by Jason Leung

Hey Josh! I am so excited to be back in the “classroom” with you and to collaborate and learn together once again! If you check out my first blog regarding the topic of Motivation and Learning theories, you will find that I too had trouble wrapping my head around definitions defined in the chapter 11, Behaviorism, Cognitivism, Constructivism reading. The entire topic of learning theories and defining what learning is and is not agitates me. I agree with your idea about learning being an ever-changing process, unique to the individual and to the specific learning situation. I also found myself nodding along with your thought about the biased views of what is the most effective learning theory as stated by the article. As always in past courses, I love reading your opinions and thoughts in your blog posts! I look forward to more to come.

Hey Sam! Immediately upon reading “first-year math courses,” I knew exactly which wonderful, funny, special, kindly, and quirky mathematics professor you were referring to! As an educator, nothing brings me more joy than to see a student (you) realize a love for learning you thought had been lost forever, literally almost teared up a little reading your response. I have been thinking after reading your post about how we can adapt society’s way of thinking about defining and categorizing the way we teach as theories and methodologies and instead humanize the idea of teaching and learning with a focus on the teacher-student relationship? That class and our professor left such a lasting impact on you, myself, and countless others, and I truly believe that we can thank them for our own success as educators. I am so glad to be back in action with you Sam! I look forward to more zooms, blogs, and collaborating with you!