For one of my portfolio projects, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and join in on the July 23rd Twitter live chat with my #EDCI339 family. How the chat worked was our professor Verena Roberts would introduce to the group every few minutes a new topic question, and it was up to us to answer, reply, comment, and share our knowledge and experience on the topic. To start, I had to initially sign up for twitter as I didn’t have an account already. I found the signing up portion of the app simple and self-explanatory. The only difficulty I had with the entire process is figuring out the little tricks to using twitter. Like Facebook or Instagram, there are options to like people’s tweets and to reply to them. However, once you did reply to a tweet, the interesting part was that the reply didn’t show up attached to the original tweet but instead was a tweet in itself that had a link at the top back to the original tweeters tweet. The entire process of the live twitter chat I would say was more of a learning experience using twitter than one about the topics we were discussing. I ended up feeling very stressed throughout the hour just because of the high volume of replies and comments coming in, and I had feelings of overwhelmedness. Although I had these mixed feelings, in the end, the experience of the Twitter chat gave me more knowledge in the aspects of online and open learning. I was able to witness human-centered learning first hand through the diversity of knowledge being shared, I had the chance to practice my digital literacy by exploring a media app I have never tried before, and I can take this experience of mine and reflect on how I currently and in the future can use Twitter in my future classes and personal pedagogy.