Below is a voice-over video of me explaining my learnings of the annotating activity I and my group participated in. We ended up annotating all three of the readings in Topic 2: The history and context of k-12 distributed and online learning and evidence of the other two annotations can be seen in the screen captures in this blog post.

Script used for video: 

For one of the optional course activities, I have chosen to do a summary and reflective video about one of the pod activities, my group and I completed. For topic 2, the history and context of k-12 distributed and online learning suggested activity; was for you and your group “meet” to compare and contrast k-12 online and open theory and history based on our course readings. On this screen, I have an example of one of our group meetings using the google chrome extension Hypothes.is. The program allowed us to annotate the reading and also reply to other member’s annotated comments. I was surprised by just how conatively engaging this exercise turned out to be. I felt more involved in the article and interested because I was able to not only record my thoughts but read other people’s views and then re-think my own. Having the opportunity to reply to other comments allowed us as individual minds to work together to answer one another’s questions, question each other’s thoughts, and understand the content to a deeper level. This activity allowed me and my group to practice our digital literacy by experiencing and learning about a program new to us all that can aid us in our future collaborations and teaching.