new to teaching but old to the love of learning

Future teacher

As the time comes for me to start my first practicum, the time comes also for me to start really thinking about who I am and what persona, pedagogies, and teachings I want to bring in with me into the classroom. I realize that in my practicum I will get the opportunity to be able to observe and work with professionals and  I can further my knowledge as an educator by experiencing new teaching pedagogies first hand. However, I still feel that I wish to find out more about myself as a person and as a teacher so I can bring these aspects into my class with confidence knowing what I am teaching is truly my style. I hope that no matter what my first practicum experience will allow me to grow as an educator and that my passion for education and educating children will be well received and beneficial for both my students and myself.

1. Paul Jarvis

Have fun on your practicum… if things get tough… just picture all those kids sitting in kayaks and everything will be fine 🙂
    My favourite lunch was sitting on the deck at the WhiteWhale pub and watching you teach as you all floated by in your kayaks!
    Dad