Today in class we had a guest presenter named Jesse Miller who taught us about social media and mobile technology. Jesse Miller is a keynote speaker and founder of “Mediated Reality” which is an education company that focuses on the new generation of education and technology. I found this presentation to be a real eye-opener to myself as I realize I have not thought about my online identity as much as I should, considering I am entering a profession where professionalism means much more and can have greater consequences if not met than the usual 9-5 job. Jesse informed us that if we are under the age of 21 we are the first generation that has the whole footprint of our lives on the internet. It is our parents who posted the pictures of us when we were younger (without our consent) that are now readily available for the entire world to access. It’s not even just old photos are parents posted it is us using public or private wifi and the websites we go on and the apps we used being tract by the IT who can access every photo, every URL… EVERYTHING.